Interested in Becoming a Pilot?
Experienced adventurers of flight will tell you that the hardest step to take is the first one. Part of The Hope 100 Mission is to assist you in taking that first step. Below is an overview, presented in a simplified list, of the main steps required to obtain an FAA Private Pilot license.
- Schedule and take an Orientation Flight;
- Obtain Student Pilot License and Third Class Medical;
- Choose a Certified Flight Instructor & Aircraft;
- Begin training and complete pre-solo training;
- Solo the aircraft performing three take-offs & landings;
- Complete post-solo training;
- Receive instructor sign-off and take FAA Private Pilot Written;
- Take final "check ride" with an FAA-certified examiner; and
- Receive your private pilot's license.
Interested? Click below for more information and resources on each step.